Wednesday 11 December 2013

Yummy Sugar Cookie Body Scrub!




Hello everyone!

Although I may be feeling merry and bright during this holiday season, my skin does NOT like the winter months. I am constantly battling dryness and am always on the look out for natural, hypoallergenic beauty options that won't irritate my sensitive skin.

Today I happened upon a recipe for homemade body scrub and thought that I would try it out myself. The ingredients list was so short and it was so easy to make that I almost thought it was too good to be true. It wasn't! It is amazing!

Of course, I also had to add my own holiday twist to the mix and the result is my new favourite beauty product: delicious smelling sugar cookie body scrub! After testing it in the shower, I was hooked and am already on my second batch! I hope that you like it as much as I do! Here is how to make this wonderful holiday concoction: 

Step 1: What You Need



Seriously, that is ALL you need!


Step 2: Mix!

Add the white sugar and brown sugar to separate bowls. Then, add half of the coconut oil to the white sugar and the other half into the brown sugar. Add four drops of sugar cookie scented oil to each bowl. If you can't find sugar cookie oil, simply add two drops of almond oil and a little vanilla into each bowl. Mix well.


Step 3: Layer.

Layer each type of sugar on top of each other in a jar. The white sugar acts as a fine body scrub whereas the brown sugar is more coarse. I use both and LOVE them! Add some festive trimmings, a tag and (ta da!) you have made a delicious smelling holiday body scrub!!




I hope you enjoy this recipe! For more holiday tips and tricks, stay tuned! Also, be sure to follow me on Twitter (@HauteOttawa) and Pinterest (Some Like It Haute) to see more of my favourite holiday DIYS! 

Anastasia 

No comments:

Post a Comment