Tuesday 17 December 2013

Double Hot Chocolate DIY!



I. Hate. Chocolate. 

I hate it. I hate its dark, creamy first bite all the way to its bitter aftertaste. I dislike chocolate bars, chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream and, of course, hot chocolate. I rue the day when I take into a bite of what, I believe, is a moist, homemade, oatmeal raisin cookie only to find that someone has decided to riddle it with chocolate chips. Bleh! 

However, I realize that I am all alone in my dislike of chocolate and that most people agree that it is a divine gift sent from heaven. Although I personally believe that these people are insane, I am not against making other people happy, especially at Christmastime. As a result, I have included this baneful desert recipe, the Double Hot Chocolate, to this list of Christmas DIYs. To those about to make the mistake of making it for me this year: USE WHITE CHOCOLATE!!

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients: 

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cinnamon stick
1 16 ounce mason jar with lid

To make:

1. In a small mason jar, layer to cocoa powder, white sugar, chocolate chips and top with a cinnamon stick. Alternatively, you can use the cinnamon stick as part of your decorations.

To serve: 

1. Place the contents of the jar in a small saucepan with 8 cups of milk. Simmer until all of the chocolate is melted and the hot chocolate is smooth. Top with marshmallows and whipped cream! Add chocolate shavings for extra deliciousness!







No comments:

Post a Comment